I am so thankful that the beautiful Kavya Bollu of Pretty Pink Roses nominated me for the Liebster award - an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. Check out her awesome blog @ prettypinkroses.com - You'll love it! Kavya, sorry it took me so long to respond to your very sweet nomination. I got distracted with school activities and a quick research trip to France, but I'm home now and ready to focus! Thank you again =)
1. Who is your biggest style icon/blogger at the moment?
I love Kate Middleton's style - she is so classic! Though I don't always emulate her since I feel my most comfortable in jeans and a T shirt. In terms of style bloggers, I love Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam. She's been my favorite for years, though I love many more, too!
2. What is your wardrobe staple?
Wardrobe staple? That's hard for me... either jeans, or flats!
3. If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be?
Hmmmm... I think I'd have to say Florence, Italy. But I love to travel and I think I could find happiness in a lot of amazing cities around the world!
4. How long have you been blogging for?
About 9 months!
5. What is the one thing you do best?
In blogging, or in life? If we're talking blogging, I'm not sure yet. I have a lot to learn and I need to be better at posting content! If we're talking life... Laughing! I do laughing best. I'm a pretty goofy person. I can get pretty giggly about nothing =)
6. What is your make-up must have?
Burt's Bees... ok, maybe that doesn't count for most people. So, I guess I'll have to say mascara. I'm not a huge make-up gal though, and I always felt guilty about it in a weird way. Like, how can you love fashion and beauty without loving makeup? But, I just spent 2 weeks in Paris, and I felt so comfortable! They don't focus a lot on make-up but man do they look chic!
7. What is your most prized possession?
A physical possession? Can I list two? My engagement ring - since it is a physical representation of the person I hold most dear to me. And Glow Bear. I've had him since I was 2. He's missing a hat, his right arm, and he's been stitched up a few too many times, but I still LOVE that stuffed animal (is that a weird answer)??!! Oh, and yes, he once glowed in the dark. What's not to love?!?
8. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
Probably my first post ever, since it's a bit nostalgic. I started this blog to distract me from some medical issues that I've never talked about (maybe one day I will). I hint at that in this post! Not many pictures, but it's a good memory! You can find that post here.
9. What single quality do you most appreciate in people?
Compassion. I think a lot of people think they are compassionate, considerate and kind, but don't actually stop to think how their actions and words affect others. Those who can look at another person, regardless of their feelings towards them, and try to understand their situation, and their feelings, are truly great. We need more of that in the world!
10. Describe yourself in three words.
Goofy. Pensive (often overly so). Nervous (just being as honest as possible here)!!
OK, now here are my nominees for the award (and let me just say that this list is not exhaustive - I wish I could nominate every woman I follow on Instagram. And, if you've already been nominated I apologize - but hey, extra love)
Manon - One look, One Book
Jess - Dressed By Jess
Jordan - Darling Truly
Holly - Make Today a Holly Day
Emily, Emily, Claire & Alexandra - Skirts & Skylines
Nadine - Denim Beans
Lauren - Bohemian by the Bay
Rachel - A Polka-Dot House
Ilze - All Here Right Now
Melissa - Frills & Fringe
And here are my 10 questions for all of you:
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What's your favorite piece of clothing EVER??!!
3) What makes you feel most confident in daily life?
4) Does anything make you nervous about blogging?
5) What are your top 3 favorite stores to shop at?
6) Who inspires you most (this doesn't have to be fashion related)?
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8) Favorite food?
9) What are you most looking forward to for Spring fashion?
10) What's the best style advice you ever got?
1. Post your award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.