Our second full day in Venice left Garth and I even more in love with the city. I'll give you my top 5 things to see, rather than poor out all the details!
1) Basilica San Marco - unfortunately you can't take pictures in there, but it is SO amazing. Somehow I didn't go in the first time I went to Venice. Big mistake!
2) The view from the Torre dell'Orologio (the clock tower) in Piazza San Marco. (An elevator takes you up, so it really couldn't be easier).
3) Catherine of Siena's foot located in Santi Giovanni e Paolo (discussed in my Exploring Venice post).
4) The Jewish Ghetto- many Jews fled to Venice after their expulsion from Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella in 1492. Its a very cool neighborhood with an interesting history.
5) Rialto market area (hint: look for "the hunchback" - a statue of a man bearing a staircase, which is where someone would announce the names of criminals)!
* The one thing we really wanted to do, but just didn't have time for, is a quick trip to the island of Torcello -- Next time!
As you can see I went with all white, including my comfy white Levi's, for the heat, and tennis for all the walking - it wasn't a fashion forward day. But I do have more fun with leopard on my feet! Check out other leopard tennis options, and the white jeans, below!